Looking to add value to your home? Weigh the possibility of using stone coated metal roofing material, which is not only durable but is also popular among homeowners for its ability to add prestige to your home’s aesthetics. Its beautiful appearance will make your roof looking good and elegant; along with the idea that you can enjoy the comforts of your home without having to worry about your roof’s strength or resilience.
What is Stone Coated Metal Roofing?
This roofing type boasts of stone coated steel/metal roofs that are fastened to a batten system, a series of vertical and horizontal wood planks that are connected to a roof decking, and in some cases, even through an existing roofing material.
Stone Coated Steel Roofing Advantages
For stone coated metal roofing, while you may end up spending more than you would an asphalt shingle roof, you will also benefit from its key advantages. Here are some of them:
- More energy-efficient, which according to manufacturer specifications, will usually produce 20% up to 45% energy savings over traditional roofing materials
- Can handle rain better; raindrops will be less noticeable
- Easy to install over existing roofs, saving you the burden of having to go through the difficult and messy process of roof installation
- Aside from absorbing rain better, the interlocked individual panels can also resist high wind pressures over 120 mph.
- Low maintenance. The frequency of steel coated metal roof cleaning is less than its counterparts, and even if it reaches its end of life, the materials can still be recycled.
- Beautiful and elegant but can still withstand the test of time
Dads Roofing uses Decra Roofing products to install a new or replace an existing roof because Decra is considered as one of the most durable products in the market today. Of course, every roofing contractor needs to continuously evolve, thus it is best for you to discuss in detail what look you want to achieve and how you want it executed.